- Power Plants in the United States are only 33% energy efficient. This rate has not changed since the 1950’s.
- If every American replaced just one light bulb with an energy efficient bulb, the amount of energy saved could light up more than 3 million homes for 1 year.
- America is home to only 5% of the world’s population, but consumes 23% of its energy.
- The United States wastes over 60% of its energy.
- When plugged in but not in use, computers, printers, mobile phone chargers and other electronics still draw energy and can account for 10% of a home energy bill each month.
Be a Energy HoW Changer
- Reduce Reduce your energy! Turn off lights and electronics when you’re not using them and unplug. Change to energy efficient light bulbs and appliances. Control how often you use heating and air conditioning. Consider changing to solar power and using alternative renewable energy.
- Request Support companies with reduced energy waste. Ask companies you like to consider more green initiatives.
- Rally Attend local rallies and efforts for clean renewable energy, your voice matters
- Reach Out Contact your local government to support legislation that limits energy waste.